End users of explosion-protected products, new or repaired, require assurance that the particular products used by them comply with the specified standards. Vice versa, product suppliers need proof of such compliance. Certification of a product is the preferred means of providing this assurance.
Because of the enormous hazard associated with explosions caused by flammable gases, vapours and dust in factories and mines, third-party (independent) certification is legally required in South Africa and in most industrialized countries.
The ExCS Product Certification Mark Scheme
The ExCS mark on a product indicates that such product has been manufactured (or repaired, where relevant) under controlled conditions and provides a high degree of confidence that the product complies with the standard or standards covered by the certification.
This confidence is based on compliance of the scheme with ISO Guide 17065, being commercially and technically independent of the manufacturer, and employing experts on quality and Ex technology. By means of regular audits on the manufacturing or repair process and tests on production units, ExCS ensures that this process has as few flaws as possible and that potential problems are identified and rectified at an early stage.
The users of mark-bearing products also play a valuable role in the quality chain by providing feedback on in-the-field performance of mark-bearing products
- Improved product safety - The supplier (manufacturer/repairer/distributor) has in ExCS and Explolabs effective and experienced "partners in safety".
- Improvement in quality control - Meaning effective application of resources, reduction of scrap and re-work, and happy customers.
- Cost effectiveness - Unit certification cost for ExCS mark-bearing products drops dramatically with increase in production volume.
- Marketing value - The ExCS mark on a product is a recognizable symbol of quality, safety and value for money.
Who could benefit
Manufacturers and suppliers of equipment
Equipment owners/users involved in repairs (mines and plants)
Repairers of equipment
Exporters/importers of equipment
Explolabs Certification Services (Pty) Ltd. (ExCS) provides the following services:
- Product certification mark for explosion protected equipment, Electric motors (LV -MV), cable glands, luminaires, conduits, cable support systems, and fuel dispenser units/systems and any specific electrical & mechanical related equipment where capable.
- Ex awareness training.
- HSE Compliance audit and certification
- Ex training for Quality manager(s)
- Project program management for small to medium projects
- QC activities for small to medium projects
Cell: 078 837 5767